I decided to write about my thoughts and feelings depending on how random or relevant they are.
Tonight I am laying in my bed wondering why is it so hard to feel connected to others? We have friends and our families but when we are alone, the loneliness feels much deeper and lasting than it should. Here are some of my thoughts…
1. Many of us form superficial relationships. These relationships could be based on status, appearance or even just convenience, but no matter the reason they are formed the fact is they hold no true value in our lives. I can think of some relationships I have had that were just like this but I’m not going that deep.
2. Technology has tricked us into believing that Social Media brings us closer. Now I have nothing against social media, I just don’t think it should substitute real life interactions. I think social media helps us to be aware of others, events and things that people are talking about. But you tell me… Does social media really enhance our help us to build healthy and fulfilling relationships?
3. We don’t try hard enough in our relationships. Now a lot of us have a great deal going on in our lives. It could be work, school or just personal things; the fact is, we are constantly ‘busy’. So busy that we forget to keep in touch, to reconnect. Now this ‘we’ includes you at home wishing you could call someone up so that you can hit the town. You allowed your relationship to go without proper nourishment. It’s weak and no longer gives you the pull you need or desire. My main thought is;
You can’t expect something to work for you if you don’t work at it.
4. We secretly like the misery that comes with loneliness. Believe it or not, there are persons out there who do nothing about their disconnection with others simply because they need that reason to be sad and borderline depressed. They have found a comfort in the darkness that is slowly eating away at them. Seems weird? Yea, I know.
5. Our sense of meaning and purpose may be lost. This is a point I definitely need to speak about more and not just in a single paragraph, but here are my two cents. We were created with a purpose and for a reason. Many of us who are not connected to the Creator or who have no clue why they are on this Earth, find themselves in a place of sadness and cloudiness. There is a chilling darkness that seems to want to dim their inner light. It is up to us to get to a place of spiritual awareness and sense of meaning and purpose. How? Through the Creator.
So as I lay here feeling so bored and lonely, I know that I had a hand to play in this horrible feeling I have.
Do I need to try to change this feeling? Damn straight. Will I? That’s the important question.
Good night! Follow me on Twitter @DaleyChronicles for more inspiration, insight and random thoughts.