There may be persons in your life who feel they have been tasked with the job to constantly bring you down. They criticize and never have a good thing to say. They use you as a way to unload their burdens.
Let me be the one to tell you…You don’t deserve it.
You may not be perfect but you are not a ball of wrong. You have great qualities that deserve to be recognized. You are worthy of love and were not made to be someone’s doormat, a place for them to leave the mess they have. No! You are a light of greatness and beauty.
You can listen to criticism but not when it’s only meant to bring you down. People who love and care for you don’t want to tear you down, they wish to build you up. So criticism from them comes in the form of advice, it comes with solution and reason. It comes from a place of care and concern.
So lift your head high and close your ears to those who wish to break you. We may not be perfect but we were wonderfully made. Our purpose is not to make others feel good by putting ourselves down…We have the right to feel good too.
I decided to write about my thoughts and feelings depending on how random or relevant they are.
Tonight I am laying in my bed wondering why is it so hard to feel connected to others? We have friends and our families but when we are alone, the loneliness feels much deeper and lasting than it should. Here are some of my thoughts…
1. Many of us form superficial relationships. These relationships could be based on status, appearance or even just convenience, but no matter the reason they are formed the fact is they hold no true value in our lives. I can think of some relationships I have had that were just like this but I’m not going that deep.
2. Technology has tricked us into believing that Social Media brings us closer. Now I have nothing against social media, I just don’t think it should substitute real life interactions. I think social media helps us to be aware of others, events and things that people are talking about. But you tell me… Does social media really enhance our help us to build healthy and fulfilling relationships?
3. We don’t try hard enough in our relationships. Now a lot of us have a great deal going on in our lives. It could be work, school or just personal things; the fact is, we are constantly ‘busy’. So busy that we forget to keep in touch, to reconnect. Now this ‘we’ includes you at home wishing you could call someone up so that you can hit the town. You allowed your relationship to go without proper nourishment. It’s weak and no longer gives you the pull you need or desire. My main thought is;
You can’t expect something to work for you if you don’t work at it.
4. We secretly like the misery that comes with loneliness. Believe it or not, there are persons out there who do nothing about their disconnection with others simply because they need that reason to be sad and borderline depressed. They have found a comfort in the darkness that is slowly eating away at them. Seems weird? Yea, I know.
5. Our sense of meaning and purpose may be lost. This is a point I definitely need to speak about more and not just in a single paragraph, but here are my two cents. We were created with a purpose and for a reason. Many of us who are not connected to the Creator or who have no clue why they are on this Earth, find themselves in a place of sadness and cloudiness. There is a chilling darkness that seems to want to dim their inner light. It is up to us to get to a place of spiritual awareness and sense of meaning and purpose. How? Through the Creator.
So as I lay here feeling so bored and lonely, I know that I had a hand to play in this horrible feeling I have.
Do I need to try to change this feeling? Damn straight. Will I? That’s the important question.
Good night! Follow me on Twitter @DaleyChronicles for more inspiration, insight and random thoughts.
It’s been a while since I have posted because I have been too ‘busy’ for a lot of things these days. I put my quotations there because I truly believe that we make time for the things that really matter to us. Even if it’s just a few minutes or an hour out of the precious time we have been blessed with.
But on to why I’m here…
I have been working on a blog that I hoped to have published in less than a week but that may not happen. It’s requiring a lot more research than anticipated as well as I have to figure out a way to disclose without offending anyone mentioned. That’s always a hard task!
So I took to reading Allegiant by Veronica Roth again because I got too ‘busy’ and sort of forgot about my book reading goal. Now let me tell you, I loved Divergent and Insurgent! They were absolutely well written and had me on an emotional roller coaster that didn’t leave me damaged, just wanting more. I have been getting a similar feeling from Allegiant, though I’m more concerned about where it’s going since it’s the last book. I’m going to avoid any spoilers just in case someone who reads this haven’t read it as yet. I am going to discuss though the sentiments I have been getting so far.
First let me tell you, my sister introduced me to this series. She sent me the PDF version for Divergent and Insurgent and though I am not a lover of e-books I read it and really enjoyed it. When she sent me Allegiant she gave a pretty clear disclaimer. She said, and I quote, ‘I am upset! I don’t like the ending.’ That put me off for a while and I even lost the PDF version she sent me. After watching Insurgent, I decided to buy the hard copy and enhance my reading experience. This way if I don’t necessarily enjoy it, I won’t have the added frustration of my eyes and head hurting because of the light from my tablet or computer. It’s been working out great so far but I am telling you, I am seriously concerned about where this is going and what this means for Tris, Four and all the other characters.
I love the fact that more has been revealed about her mother and other characters such as her father, but there are some things I don’t really understand. I won’t get to antsy because I am only at page 262 *covers face*. I really think I did the right thing when I decided to read tonight, because my head space has been so clouded and it is great to be able to step out of it for a while. Though the life and stories in the book are complicated, I welcome the drama and complication it gives me rather than the ones I am dealing with in reality.
So really, this post was not a lot of anything but I feel safe sharing in this space. I’m going to publish this and go back to reading more of Allegiant before I go to bed.
P.S. Someone on Twitter also told me the book and Tris would annoy me, but I am trying not to let that alter my feelings towards the content of this book. I will read it to the end and form my own opinion, even if this is similar to the opinions of others.
Good Night!! You’ll be hearing from me soon.
“Jesus was led out into the wilderness by the Holy Spirit to be tempted there by the Devil. For forty days and forty nights he ate nothing and became very hungry…” – Matthew 4: 1-2
“The traditional purpose of Lent is the preparation of the believer through prayer, penance, repentance of sins, almsgiving, atonement and self-denial.”
Many persons try to achieve a goal for the 40 days and 40 nights of Lent, but what meaning does this season really hold?
I believe it is a season of preparation and testing; Jesus was taken into the wilderness to be tempted. It is also a season of faith, because though his body was weak, his faith did not falter and he did not fall into temptation. He refused the Devil and was then taken care of by angels.
“During Lent, many of the faithful commit to fasting or giving up certain types of luxuries as a form of penitence.”
For as long as I have been able to comprehend what happens around me, people have been ‘giving up’ things for this season; things like Twitter, Facebook, Soda, Sex, Lying, Cursing and so many other things that we may deem ‘spiritual poisons’. Whether it be bad habits or things they feel dependent on; we have been making the sacrifice to not partake in these things for this season.
I think this is great, because where it takes a few days to form a habit, it takes over a month to break it. It also helps us to move away from the silly things that hinder us from seeing truth and showing gratitude and praise. It helps us to strengthen our faith and beliefs.
“The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer (justice towards God), fasting (justice towards self), and almsgiving (justice towards neighbour).
However, in modern times, observers give up an action of theirs considered to be a vice, add something that is considered to be able to bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations.”
This cultural/religious practice is also good as it helps us to also form new habits, while trying to break the old ones. So though you have given up sex, you can also decide to pray more, do community service or go to church. Do something that enables spiritual growth and enlightenment. We should be able to deny our earthly needs and connect to God and His people. Do something outside of ourselves.
“Give up the spiritual poisons and partake in the consumption of spiritual nutrients.” – Daniella Marie
Emotional health and physical health are great, but it is the spirit that counts the most. We have to use this season to tap into the source which is God. To do great things in His name and grow in His faith. So yes, it is good to be able to give up something, but what is that more than discipline. Lent requires more of us than that, it requires that we connect with God, have faith in His goodness and show this to others.
Don’t be discouraged and believe that if you slip it is over… Jesus was sent to forgive us of our sins and slip-ups, not to condemn us. Though we may be tested, we can stand tall and draw on the eternal strength of God.
So reply and let me know your thoughts and what you have decided to give up for this Lent.
“The universe isn’t short on wake up calls. We’re just too quick to hit the snooze button.” – Brene Brown
I am a GoodReads girl, I go there to find quotes that speak to me and ultimately books I can read to help with making my life feel more fulfilling. So when I came across Brene Brown’s quote I made a promise to get her book. I totally forgot the promise I made to myself, until a friend of mine Perrisha, sent me a link to her (Brene) TedTalk: Listening To Shame. I listened and I couldn’t help but to think “You have to get her book.” but again, that though got lost in all the madness.
It got lost until I was on Amazon looking for The Four Agreements and like a light bulb, her name appeared in my head so I ordered her book. I got it on Wednesday and I started to read this morning. After the preface, I am sure I will be enjoying this book. She writes with honesty and that is something I adore in a writer.
It is safe to say that I will be diving heart first into this book, and I will be sharing bits of it with you. I don’t usually do this, but I really believe this book will be worth sharing.I also believe that it will help me to put to paper my thoughts on it and how it makes me feel.
So let’s get ready for a great literary journey!
“When you are living the best version of yourself, you inspire others to live the best versions of themselves.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
We inspire people through our words and our actions. Our lives should be an inspiration to someone, we should live in a way that brings light to the world and those in it. I have been trying to live and speak this way…now write this way. So trust me when I say, I was very honoured to receive a comment from Shaudae of Inspiration Served Daily (known as Abby to me lol) that she nominated me for this awesome award! Thank you my sweetheart and trust me when I say I will always try to inspire others!
So these are the rules of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award
1. Thank the person who nominated you and add their link to your blog
2. List the award rules so your nominees will know what to do.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate other bloggers.
5. Contact your nominees and provide a link to your post.
6. Display the award logo (button) on your blog, whether on your sidebar or about page, or special award page.
So here it goes!
1. My name is Kimberly Daley lol (one down)
2. I looove to books and I love to read them just as much. Lately I have been trying to build my personal library of books, in fact I recently ordered 6 books on Amazon. Now it doesn’t matter that I have about 6 other books that I haven’t read yet, I get an amazing feeling when I know I can just pick up a book and read it.
3. Speaking of the things I love, I love my MUSIC! It is one of the top 5 things that may me happy and just puts me in a zone. In fact, I even had a blog about it so check it out When Music Hits.
4. I am a hardworking person and I know people say that and you think “yeah right, everyone says that” but I mean it. I will do my best at whatever I am given simply because I hate when work is mediocre.
5. I love my blog :). I recently moved over to WordPress and trust me when I say it is the best thing I have done. I have a new passion for getting my thoughts out there because I feel as if people are actually reading it. Now I don’t get bummed out when it’s not a lot of persons because most of the times, I write for me.
6. I love to talk….well most of the times. I am a talker but trust me when I say that I listen too. I have my moments when I won’t say anything, simply because I am in a mood but when I get on a roll, oh I AM ON! lol
7. I love quotes! I will live on quotes and proverbs, so much so I feel like a walking Goodreads link. But I don’t mind, because I truly believe that the words of others have power and they can lift you up or bring you down if you let it. So I choose to let them uplift me and I share them with others so that they too can be lifted.
With all of that said! I would like to give a warm shout out to the bloggers that have inspired me since I have been here. They are;
- Inspiration Served Daily (yep I nominated you back, you can call it a second)
- Live Your Dreams
- Hope Stands
Thank you for inspiring me and continue to inspire others!